Sunday, August 9, 2009

Beach and Baking Bonanza

I enjoyed the majority of the weekend on the beach, soaking in the cancer rays. The weather was absolutely perfect and the water temperature was in the low 70's. Sitting on the beach with my book, fresh fruit, and iced decaf coffee - the world sure seems like a perfect place. Well, except for all of the saggy, tattooed bodies. Ah, yes, it only takes an afternoon in Ocean Beach to remind myself why I should never get a tattoo. Tats just don't seem as appealing when they are distortedly displayed on a body that hasn't had a work-out since Jane Fonda's last VHS tape was released. No judgement, people. Just an observation.

Sunday afternoon was spent as so many of my Sunday afternoons are spent - cooking and baking. This time of the year, I always have a ton of tomatos and zucchini from my CSA. Here is what I made this afternoon/evening:


Zucchini Bread (made with whole wheat flour and raw sugar)




Veggie (Zucchini, Corn, Tomatoes) and Black Bean Soup







Eggplant, Heirloom Tomato and Mozzarella Pizza







I also put up some of my produce. I froze raspberries (77 cents a container at Henry's!!) and blanched and froze zucchini. This way, I'll have "fresh" summer veggies this winter!




And this is what my kitchen sink looks like after all this work:

No comments:

Post a Comment