Thursday, May 7, 2009

I was living my life. Give me a break!

I have received numerous complaints about starting a blog and then abandoning it for over a month. You know what it means when I am not writing in my blog, people? It means that I am living my life. I am so darn busy that I don't have time to sit down and write a post. You should all be incredibly happy for me, don't you think?

Okay, enough with the grumpy monkey attitude. So, I actually have been really busy. I hosted out-of-town guests, I placed four kids during the month of April (which means work was wicked crazy), I had my fabulous birthday celebration (posted photo is of Rose and I laughing our hineys off), I "went" on stay-cation, organized a volunteer event at the Feeding San Diego food distribution center, etc, etc. Also! It is important to note that I received an Ipod for my birthday, which is my first MP3 player item, so I have been spending all of my computer time transferring my music from cds and downloading NPR podcasts. When one is given the choice between writing a blog and creating fabulous, elaborate playlists, one chooses the creation of playlists. (Well, if one has been Ipod-less for her entire life up until this point, one chooses creation of playlists.) So, if you really want someone to blame for the lack of blog posts, you can blame Bryan (aka the President of the San Diego County Young Democrats) who gave me the beautiful gift of an Ipod.

I will try to catch you up on things over the next few posts. I am going to really, really try to be diligent about posting. Here is a teaser for the next post: Haylapa.

P.S. There may be a delay in photo postings because I dropped my digital camera in a tide pool while babysitting my little shmoopie. Apparently, I can be trusted with children, but not electronic devices.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie Amber!

    You dropped your new camera in a tide pool? Somehow you managed to leave that part out when you spoke with me the following week!

    Your Stay-cation must have been a blast. In Aruba, we called our little sun huts "Palapa". Your Haylapa sounds a bit more substantial!

    I'm anxiously awaiting "lift off" for my flight to SD and sunny skies! See you very soon!

    Mommacita

    ReplyDelete