Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bionic Eye or Fetal Retinal Cells?

Tonight, my friend Chris called and told me about a story that he'd just heard on All Things Considered. Chris explained that the story discussed a new solution for retinal diseases and he didn't have all the details, but he thought that it involved implanting part of a fetus into the eye. He suggested that this procedure would be a great way to connect my pro-choice beliefs with my visual impairment.

Anyway, after my Young Dems board meeting this evening, I logged onto NPR.org and found the retina/fetus facts. For those of you interested, you can check out the story, "Bionic Eye Opens New World of Sight for Blind", which explains two options for us retina-challenged folk: a bionic eye and the implantation of fetal retinal cells. TWO options. How cool is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment