Sunday, October 11, 2009

6 Months to Go!

Well, folks, today is October 11th, so that means that I only have 6 months remaining in my 20's! Knowing that my 6 month mark was quickly approaching, I have been trying to engage in some crazy and exciting activities so as to end my 20's with a real kick. You know, I really just want to rev things up. Here are some of the wild things that I've come up with so far:


* October 3, 2009 - Volunteering at the Crawford High School Community Garden
(Jenny and I are using pitchforks to mix rotten produce to the compost pile.)


* October 8, 2009 -
Rose and I are discussing the latest episode of our fav new show, "Glee". (We both agree that the show is FABULOUS but it is really unlikely that Will would be unaware that his wife is faking a pregnancy and we don't understand why the Cheerios wear their uniforms to school every day. )

Other exciting things that I am spending my time doing but that don't have photos to accompany them:
* Repotting house plants
* Consolidating my 401(k) plans into my Roth IRA
* Cleaning the tile in my bathroom
* Scanning old photographs into a digital format (this involves sitting at the photo kiosk in CVS for hours)
* Transferring my prescriptions to my new health care plan's prescription delivery service
* Using the "gum stimulator" tool that my dentist gave me in an attempt to ward off periodontal disease
* Reserving books on the library's electronic inter-library loan program

As I review my list of "wild and crazy" activities, I am beginning to fear that instead of celebrating my 30th birthday in April, I may actually be celebrating my 70th. Suggestions are appreciated. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment