Saturday, July 18, 2009

Migraine - The Result of Rainbow-Induced Sensory Overload?


The San Diego County Young Democrats marched in the San Diego Pride parade today with the Gavin Newsom campaign. It was a sizzlin' hot day, and for a girl who doesn't like to be east of the 5 on summer weekends, this was quite a feat. We were outside walking around for about five hours, and despite my attempts to hydrate with lots of water and consume lean proteins in regular intervals, I still managed to end up with a migraine. So I spent the afternoon in my steamy hot apartment, in bed, being unimpressed with my situation. Oh, and in the middle of my migraine stupor, I somehow managed to go into my fridge, pull out an egg and smash it on myself - all down my legs, on my stomach, on my arms, everywhere. This is what happens when your brain is fried, your vision is compromised and it is wicked hot outside. I have no other explanation, but I do still have a lingering stinky egg smell.



Anyway, here are some photos from the parade. I think everyone had an awesome day. After Californians' equality taking a pretty hard hit this year, it was really great to see the entire community out rallying!
























Oh, and for those of you wondering about the phrase most often uttered by parade-goers as Gavin walked by? "He is HOT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment