Monday, March 30, 2009

Full Disclosure: Daily Skin Regime and A Rebirth

Last night, while getting ready for bed, I considered the appropriateness of the term "end of an era", which I used in my inaugural blog entry to describe the finalization of my teens and twenties. You see, one would think that if I was really at the end of this era of youthfulness, then I would be able to rid myself of the items associated with youth. Say, just for an example, acne medication. Wouldn't one think that if it was, in fact, the end of my youthful era, I would be tossing the Clearasil in the trash? Well, sadly, this is not the case. Oh, but not only is the salicylic acid solution still in the medicine cabinet, I have recently introduced a new product into my daily skin care regime - an age-retardant moisturizer for treatment of those fine lines around my eyes. Yes, you read this correctly - I use anti-zit cream and anti-wrinkle cream. I am getting lines around my eyes, which clearly indicate the wisdom of an aging woman. Yet, I still have the shiny, reflective forehead of a high school sophomore. I am stuck between the eras of youth and adulthood, and this nebulous place is one of imperfect skin.

Also. . . in respect of full disclosure, I should tell you that the boom box started working again this evening. When I got home from work, I tentatively pushed the "on" button, and sure enough, I was immediately rewarded by the chirpy voice of a BBC reporter. For all of you who like to look for deeper meaning in things, please feel free to analyze the rebirth of the boom box. I am just going to keep on trucking and feel thankful that I don't have to spend the next week scrolling through Craigslist trying to find a new radio/cd player.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain, sister. I have also recently added an "anti-aging" component to my daily routine. Of course this is concurrent to my diligent acne defense. I thought we would get some time between the two phases, but no. It's all very disturbing. Oh well. I did find a great "anti-aging system" if you need a recommendation. We can talk off the blog if you wish. :)

    ReplyDelete